Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 13



Well folks, that was that. It was our last family weekend of winter fun for while. While there will be more winter fun to be had (never fear), my family is dispersing for a time. My parents are going back to the warmth of the tropics (let the above picture not deceive you - it was a glorious 32 degrees cold), and Nicky is headed back to college at Wheaton. The rest of us will settle back into a routine of normalcy after weeks and weeks of festivities and reunions and holidays...and I have to admit, the little old lady that lives in my soul, is settling back into her rocking chair with a certain amount of relish.

But what a weekend to top it all off with - it was beautiful, and crisp, and full of things like antique stores and beach walks and siblings and cinnamon rolls. And a documentary on reviving the American Serengeti. Also it became clear to me that somewhere in my future lies a double pillow topped mattress of my very own.

We won't discuss the Seahawks/Falcons game here.

I love my family a whole lot and I really am very thankful for them. And also for these chances to be together from our little pockets of the globe. They are delightful.




1 comment:

  1. NATE AND I STAYED IN THAT HOTEL FOR OUR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY.

    You photograph them well. I love this idea you have of 365 days.

    ReplyDelete